This recipe is an all time breakfast favourite! The flapjacks are quick and easy to make and they taste delicious.
Makes: 12 flapjacks
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar/castor sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt)
- Add the wet ingredients (milk, egg, oil and vanilla essence) to the dry ingredients
- Mix with a wooden spoon/whisk/electric beater (Make sure that there are no lumps in the mixture)
- Grease a medium size frying pan with cooking spray and set your stove plate to medium.
- I use a measuring cup to spoon the mixture into the pan, a 1/4 cup works well.
- Fill the cup 3/4 way with the flapjack mixture and pour the mixture into the middle of the pan.
- When the mixture starts to bubble you can the flapjack over. They are ready when both sides are a golden brown colour.
- The trick to getting a flapjack with rounded edges is not to move the mixture around once you have poured it into the pan. If you move it around you tend to get thin edges that land up getting hard/burnt.
To make a healthier version you can substitute the flour with whole wheat flour and use fat free milk.