If you love chocolate chip cookies then this recipe is just for you!
Funnily enough I came across this recipe while gathering ingredients to start baking some chocolate chip cookies. The recipe was on the back of a box of chocolate chips that I was about to use. I still had not found that perfect choc-chip cookie recipe and as an avid baker I am always willing to try new recipes to find the ‘one’.
The final product was a batch of the most amazing homemade chocolate chip cookies I have ever baked! I had to hide the cookie jar to prevent my boyfriend and I from eating them all in one go.
I have finally found my chocolate chip cookie recipe! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Makes: 20 large or 30 medium biscuits
- 2/3 cups softened butter or margarine
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ tsp salt
- 125g choc chips
- Pre-heat oven to 180o C
- Spray a baking tray with non-stick spray
- Cream butter and white sugar until light and fluffy
- Mix brown sugar, egg and vanilla essence together
- Sift the dry ingredients (baking powder, flour and salt) into the wet mixture
- Fold in the coconut and choc chips
- You should have a stiff moist mixture by now
- Dust your hands with some flour, then gather up some dough and roll into a large marble size ball.
- Place the balls 5cm apart on a greased baking tray and pat down into round disks
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes
Suggestions: Add raisins or nuts if you desire