- 4 small mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup boiled water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bicarb of soda
- Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl
- Add the bananas and eggs one at a time
- Add the vanilla essence, then mix in the hot water and bicarb
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the moist mixture. Make sure all ingredients are well combined.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Bread is ready when skewer comes out clean.
This is a very old recipe that I got from my moms high school home economics recipe book. This recipe has never failed me!