Makes: 24 Cupcakes
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ stick of butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugar/icing sugar
- 35ml of Amarula Cream/Baileys
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 190° C (350° F)
- Line a muffin tray with paper liners or grease the tray and set aside
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the vanilla and egg
- Add the milk and flour mixture alternatively while still mixing.
- Alternate mixing the flour and milk into the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the paper liners/tray. Make each liner ¾ full
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Cool on a wire rack and ice the cupcakes once cool
- Beat all the ingredients together until smooth and spread over the cupcakes once cooled.
Have fun decorating the cupcakes with sprinkles or edible cake toppers/decorations. I used edible baby daisy decorations that I bought from a baking store in my local mall.