Makes: Makes 6 small cakes
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g dark chocolate chopped (I used Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- Ice-cream/custard/pouring cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 230° C
- Butter and flour on a large muffin baking tray (you can use non-stick spray if you prefer)
- Melt the 125g of butter in a microwavable bowl
- Remove from microwave and pour over the chopped chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth
- Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric beater until pale and thick
- Fold in the flour and chocolate mixture
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tray
- Bake for 12/15 minutes or until the tops of the cakes begin to form cracks
- Remove from oven and gently remove the cakes from the baking tray. You might need to wait for them to cool.
Best served warm with ice-cream,custard or pouring cream.