An easy and healthy salad. This is a great side to any protein.
- Half packet baby spinach
- 3 to 4 large courgettes/zucchini’s
- 4 Tblsp Avocado Oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 Tblsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Half cup parmesan shavings
- Use a potato peeler to slice the zucchini/courgette lengthways so they resemble long strips
- Heat a griddle pan on high and grease with an oil of your choice. Avocado oil is good and can be heated to a higher temperature than Olive Oil. Keep re-greasing as you go
- Grill the strips in the pan until well seared on both sides, set aside.
- In a small jar combine the 2tblsp of olive oil, juice of half a lemon and salt and pepper. Replace lid and shake till combined.
- Mix the spinach and zucchini strips in a bowl and toss with the olive oil and lemon dressing.
- Sprinkle with parmesan shavings and serve.
To give the dish an extra bite add some dried chilli to the dressing.
I also add mint to freshen it up in summer