I downloaded the I Quite Sugar 8 Week Detox Program and Cookbook by Sarah Wilson and this is one of my go-to recipes for a healthy breakfast alternative to store bought granola. This book is a great start for anyone wanting to cut down on their sugar intake and lead a healthier lifestyle.
I modify the recipe slightly by adding my own mix of nuts and seeds depending on what is in the kitchen cupboard.
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 cups coconut flakes
- 2 cups unsalted mixed nuts chopped roughly
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp xylitol granules (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Additional options – sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds, gluten free oats
- Preheat oven to 120ºC and line a baking tray with parchment/baking paper
- Melt coconut oil if not already melted and mix all ingredients together
- Spread evenly on the baking tray and bake for 20 – 25 minutes. The longer you leave it the crunchier the granola.
- Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container